‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (whether the information is true or not or recorded in any form or not)’. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, address, contact details, bank account, credit card details and internet protocol (IP) address.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect different personal information from you depending on the circumstances in which that information is collected, including as set out below.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Website and in using the Services (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You warrant that the personal information you provide to us, and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- bank account details;
- gender and title;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- name of employer and employment details;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the Products and Services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those Products and Services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website or Services or indirectly through your use of our Website or Services or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information (including the specifications of searches you have conducted on our Website);
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us, or that you choose to share with us via the Website or otherwise in connection with the Services.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- visit the Website;
- register on the Website (including as part of our AED online training services);
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- visit, order and/or purchase from our online store;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, telephone, in person or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our Website, Services, content and advertising; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Website and Services and purchase Products from our online store;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website, Services, business and our customers’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to display or publish advertising on web pages that you access;
- to complete sales transactions;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners (including external marketing companies, such as Mailchimp or Motivating Marketing Pty Ltd) (Business Partners) that we think you may find interesting;
- to store and log sales queries, leads and completed orders on our CRM (customer relationship management) platform;
- for planning, product development or research purposes;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our Business Partners;
- to manage any warranty claims in relation to Products you purchase from us;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our customers, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our Business Partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our Services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
If you visit our online store and select Products but do not complete the checkout process, we may also send you reminders of your uncompleted order and prompt you to visit the online store to complete your purchase.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate from time to time;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Website, Services and/or our business, the hosting, storing and management of our customer database or in connection with providing our Products and Services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, Business Partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our Website or Services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- manufacturers of Products to the extent necessary to process any warranty claims;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party cloud and service providers, suppliers, Business Partners and manufacturers of Products located overseas including in the USA, New Zealand and the Philippines.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian privacy laws. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using our website and cookies
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website and Services, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the IP address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our Website that help us track your Website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our Websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting (refer to the ‘Contact us’ section below). Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If your request is particularly complex, or requires detailed searching of our records, there may be a cost to you in order for us to provide this information.
Sale or merger
In the event that AED Authority undergoes a business transition such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or part its assets, we may disclose or transfer all of your information, including personal information, to the successor organisation in the transition. We will make reasonable efforts to let you know of the business transition before transferring your personal information.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or the way we handle it, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
AED Authority (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 46 169 556 932
41 Marconi Drive, Dandenong South Victoria 3175, Australia
03 8710 8666
Effective: 1st March 2018